If you or a loved one has an issue with unpaid or underpaid overtime in California, a California overtime claim lawyer from Lavi & Ebrahimian, LLP can help. We will work for you to ensure that you receive the proper overtime pay you deserve.
All employees in California should be rightfully paid for the time they have worked. One of the most common issues is workers not being paid overtime rates despite putting in the extra hours.
Experienced Overtime Claim Attorneys Here to Help
At Lavi & Ebrahimian, LLP, our California labor and employment lawyers have over 15 years of valuable experience assisting clients with all matters of employment law.
- We specialize in wage and hour law, with an intimate understanding of the rules, laws, and other provisions that protect your right to be paid what you deserve.
- Our California overtime claim attorneys have a proven record of success, recovering several multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements through wage and hour claims on our clients’ behalf.
- We are experienced trial attorneys who prepare every claim and case as if it is going to trial – giving us the reassurance that we are ready for anything that may come our way.
- We represent all clients on a contingency fee arrangement, with payment only required if we secure a favorable outcome for your case.
The legal team at Lavi & Ebrahimian, LLP is here to help you fight for your rightful wages during this stressful time.
Most Workers in California Are Entitled to Overtime
Several federal and state laws mandate that most workers are entitled to overtime pay if they meet the requirements. According to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and California overtime law, non-exempt employees are entitled to:
- One-and-a-half times their regular rate of pay (also known as “time and a half pay”) after 8 hours of work in a single day and over 40 hours in the workweek.
- Double their regular rate of pay after 12 hours of work in a single day and for all hours worked in excess of 8 on the seventh consecutive day of work in the workweek.
Although there are certain classes of employees who are exempt from these overtime provisions, it may not always be immediately clear whether you do not qualify for overtime pay. For example, simply being a salaried employee (as opposed to an hourly employee) does not automatically mean you are exempt from overtime pay.
If you are unsure whether or not you are entitled to overtime, contact a California overtime claim lawyer at Lavi & Ebrahimian, LLP today. We can take a comprehensive look at your job to ensure you are receiving the pay you deserve.
How We Can Help
At Lavi & Ebrahimian, LLP, we can assist workers in California with all matters pertaining to an overtime claim. We understand that we are here to bear the legal burden on our shoulders. This includes:
- Determining whether or not your position is entitled to overtime pay
- Conducting a comprehensive investigation to gather evidence for your overtime claim
- Building an organized case that clearly shows your right to overtime
- Filing all the necessary paperwork to begin the claims process
- Corresponding with any and all individuals who may be involved in the claims process
- Appealing your claim or taking it to trial if the decision does not meet your needs
Our California overtime claim attorneys are here to fight for you, and we do everything we can to give you the compensation you deserve.
Contact Us Today
If you or a loved one is entitled to overtime pay and has not received it, please contact us immediately so we can help you as soon as possible. Our overtime claim attorneys are committed to helping workers in California receive the wages they rightfully earned.
Schedule an initial consultation with us today so we can get started on your overtime claim.