If you or a loved one believe you are a victim of sexual harassment in the workplace, please contact a California sexual harassment attorney from Lavi & Ebrahimian, LLP. We understand the physical, mental, and emotional toll that sexual harassment can have on a workplace, and we are here to lend you the assistance you deserve.
Sexual harassment in the workplace is commonly overlooked or otherwise downplayed because many do not know the harm it can have on a workplace and its employees. However, any form of sexual harassment can take physical, mental, and emotional toll on people – even those who are indirectly impacted by the harassment.
Why Choose Us?
At Lavi & Ebrahimian, LLP, our California sexual harassment lawyers are dedicated to making employees feel safe and comfortable in their workplace.
- We have over 15 years of experience assisting clients in all aspects of employment law, including sexual harassment claims.
- We specialize in employment law, and only employment law. This focused approach allows us to have comprehensive knowledge of all the rights and protections you have in the workplace.
- We are widely regarded by our peers as some of the top employment attorneys in Los Angeles and California.
- We represent clients on a contingency fee basis. We don’t charge any initial fees, and you only pay for our services if we secure a favorable verdict or settlement on your behalf.
We are committed to providing our clients with the hard work and attention they deserve during what may an incredibly stressful period of their lives.
Sexual Harassment is Not Limited to Physical Abuse
Sexual harassment has become a growing problem in the workplace because many people do not report cases of it – often dismissing it as simple teasing or hazing. In fact, sexual harassment is not only limited to physical contact, but to verbal and emotional abuse as well.
According to the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, sexual harassment is defined as any harassment because of a person’s sex. This can be of a sexual nature, such as:
- Unwelcome sexual advances
- Soliciting sex acts
- Requesting sexual favors
- Any other verbal harassment that is explicitly sexual
However, sexual harassment does not have to be of a sexual nature; any sort of harassment based on a person’s sex may be considered sexual harassment. This includes:
- Making offensive remarks of women (or men) in general
- Making vulgar comments of someone’s actual or perceived sexual orientation
- Ostracizing somebody for their gender identity
- Discriminating based on pregnancy and/or childbirth
At Lavi & Ebrahimian, LLP, we can walk you through your case to fully apprise the scope of your sexual harassment. If you are not sure that you have been a victim of harassment, we can conduct a comprehensive investigation to determine the status of your case.
Why Do You Need a Sexual Harassment Lawyer?
If you or a loved one has been sexually harassed in the workplace, it is crucial that you retain the services of an experienced, knowledgeable sexual harassment lawyer in California. Filing a sexual harassment complaint against the offending company and/or employee is a rigorous process that often requires lots of time and paperwork. A sexual harassment attorney is already familiar with this filing process, along with the paperwork and burden of proof involved. Using this knowledge, they are able to map out an extensive legal strategy that ensures you receive the justice and compensation you deserve.
Sexual harassment cases can also be incredibly sensitive, as they can resurface any pain and suffering you have endured. An attorney can help you through this process, acting as your proxy to correspond with the offending company and any other employees to ensure you are not under the burden of undue stress.
Ultimately, a California sexual harassment attorney is there to act in your best interests, advocating for your cause on your behalf so that you have peace of mind moving forward.
Contact Us Today
If you or a loved one is a victim of sexual harassment in the workplace, please contact us immediately to discuss your situation. We can help you receive the justice you deserve and hold any responsible parties accountable for their unacceptable actions.