If you or a loved one is considering being a whistleblower or has received disciplinary action for whistleblowing, please contact Lavi & Ebrahimian, LLP today to discuss your situation. Our California whistleblower attorneys have the knowledge and experience to help protect the rights of whistleblowers and ensure they are not the subject of retaliation by companies.
Whistleblowers are protected by both federal and state law from any harm, harassment, or retaliation that may result from a company. They should not be reprimanded for reporting any illegal actions that take place within a company.
We Are Dedicated to Helping Whistleblowers
At Lavi & Ebrahimian, LLP, our California whistleblower lawyers have over 15 years of experience assisting workers with all matters of employment.
- We specialize in employment law and only employment law, giving us an advantage in experience and knowledge over other general practice firms.
- We have a proven record of success, with several million-dollar verdicts and settlements recovered for clients.
- We are well-regarded among our peers as some of the best employment law attorneys in the Los Angeles region.
- We represent all clients on a contingency fee basis – you are not obligated to pay for our services if we do not secure a recovery on your behalf.
We are here to protect you and your rights as a whistleblower in California.
What Protections Do Whistleblowers Have?
According to federal and state law, whistleblowers are protected in numerous ways. Under these protections, it is illegal for employers to:
- Create, adopt, or enforce any rules or provisions that may prevent employees from becoming whistleblowers.
- Retaliate against an employee for being a whistleblower.
- Retaliate against an employee who has refused to follow any orders or activities that are against either state or federal law, or otherwise do not comply with federal or state regulations.
- Retaliate against an employee for being a whistleblower in a previous job.
Failure of an employer to provide these protections may be grounds for a retaliation claim.
Why Do You Need a California Whistleblower Lawyer?
Whether you are considering being a whistleblower or are a whistleblower who has been a victim of retaliation, a California whistleblower attorney is highly recommended. Filing a whistleblower claim is an extensive process that requires immense preparation and gathering of evidence – something that a regular person does not have the time or resources to handle. A lawyer with previous experience in such claims can make sure a comprehensive case is built so that the claim is not prematurely rejected.
This is also the case in retaliation claims, which can often be notoriously difficult to litigate due to the burden of proof required on the clients’ side. An attorney can help gather all the evidence necessary to definitively prove that the retaliation was a direct result of whistleblowing by the employee in question.
Ultimately, a whistleblower attorney provides employees with peace of mind during what may be a tumultuous, stressful time.
Contact Us Today
If you or a loved one requires legal representation as a whistleblower or retaliation victim, please contact us today for assistance. We want to help those in need of legal protection against a company and its illegal practices.
See how we can help you today by scheduling a free initial consultation.