If you or a loved one has been a victim of workplace discrimination in California, please contact Lavi & Ebrahimian, LLP today to discuss your case with a California workplace discrimination lawyer. We understand the impact that discrimination can have, and we are here to fight for your rights.
All employees in California deserve to be treated equally, regardless of any reason whatsoever – that is why state and federal laws protect workers from discrimination in the workplace.
Why Choose Us?
Lavi & Ebrahimian, LLP is a full-service employment law firm in California dedicated to fighting discrimination in the workplace.
- We have over 15 years of experience fighting for the equal rights of employees in Los Angeles and California.
- We specialize in employment law, and only employment law. This gives us unique insights that help you in your fight against workplace discrimination.
- We are widely regarded among our peers as some of the top lawyers in employment law.
- We take all cases on a contingency fee arrangement. There is no initial cost to you, and if we do not win your case, you are not obligated to pay for our services.
State and Federal Laws Protect Against Discrimination
Several federal laws protect employees across the country from wrongful discrimination by an employer.
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 makes it illegal to discriminate against any employee based on their race, color, religion, national origin, or sex.
- The Pregnancy Discrimination Act is an amendment to the Civil Rights Act that provides similar protections against discrimination based on pregnancy and/or childbirth.
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 provides employees who are 40 years of age or older from discrimination in the workplace.
- Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act makes discrimination on the basis of a disability by an employer (current or prospective) against the law.
In addition, The Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) in California also gives statewide protections against workplace discrimination based on:
- Race of color
- Ancestry or national origin
- Mental and/or physical disability
- Sex and gender, including pregnancy and childbirth
- Sexual orientation
- Gender identity
- Medical condition or other genetic information
- Marital status
- Military or veteran status
If you suspect you may have been a victim of discrimination based on the above traits, please contact a California workplace discrimination lawyer immediately to start the process on a workplace discrimination claim.
Why Do You Need a Workplace Discrimination Lawyer?
All workplace discrimination claims would greatly benefit from the counsel of an attorney experienced in employment law. A workplace discrimination complaint is taken incredibly seriously, requiring a considerable amount of work and evidence necessary to effectively prove that discrimination is taking place. A California workplace discrimination lawyer who has had previous experience with such complaints understands all the hard work that is necessary to mount an effective case and secure the results you deserve.
In addition, a California workplace discrimination attorney is able to advise on the best steps to take to receive any compensation or additional recovery you are entitled to. This can include filing a separate third-party claim or pursuing other individuals for any acts of discrimination that have contributed to your pain and suffering.
Ultimately, a knowledgeable California workplace discrimination attorney gives you peace of mind by taking care of all the legal work on your behalf so that you can focus on other parts of your life. They understand that the legal process can take a toll on someone and want to ease that pain by placing that burden on their shoulders.
Contact Us Today
If you or a loved one has been a victim of employee discrimination, please contact us immediately to discuss your case. We want to help you seek the justice you deserve and the proper compensation you need for all the pain and suffering you have endured.
Schedule a free initial consultation with us today to see how we can help you.