If you or a loved one is a victim of wage theft in your workplace in California, please contact Lavi & Ebrahimian, LLP today to discuss your situation with a California wage theft attorney. We will fight for your right to the wages and pay you rightfully earned.
All workers deserve to be paid for all the time they have worked. However, some companies attempt to shave time here and there to reduce the wages to which they are entitled. This act, also known as “wage theft,” is illegal in the eyes of the law, and you may have grounds for legal action against such companies.
Lavi & Ebrahimian, LLP is Here for You
Our California wage theft lawyers have helped clients receive the pay to which they are entitled, for more than 15 years.
- We specialize in employment law – and only employment law. This narrow focus gives us a unique insight into the provisions and laws that protect your rights as an employee, giving you an advantage against offending companies.
- We are highly regarded among our peers, with several of our attorneys recognized as the top lawyers in employment law in the region.
- We have a proven record for success, securing several multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements for wage and hour claims.
- We represent clients on a contingency fee agreement – there are no initial costs, and you do not pay for our services if we do not win your case.
We are here to help you receive the compensation and wages you truly deserve.
Examples of Wage Theft
Common examples of wage theft include:
- Receiving a wage that is considerably less than the minimum wage
- Not receiving compensation that was already agreed-upon, such as overtime and commissions
- Not accruing or being allowed to use paid sick leave
However, there are also lesser-known instances which can also constitute wage theft in the eyes of the law:
- Not being paid vacations which were already promised
- Having deductions from your pay or paycheck that were not previously mentioned or approved
- Owners and/or managers receiving a share of the tips
- Not receiving your final paycheck in a timely manner
- Bounced paychecks
- Not being allowed to take meal breaks or rest breaks
- Failing to be reimbursed for business expenses such as equipment and/or travel
An employment lawyer in California may be able to find other instances of wage theft after a comprehensive investigation.
Why Do You Need a California Wage Theft Lawyer?
If you suspect you are a victim of wage theft, it is almost always required to consult a wage theft lawyer first before proceeding with the next steps. An attorney can guide you through the legal process, helping you pinpoint the sources of wage theft and formulating a legal strategy to help you receive the wages you deserve. A California wage theft lawyer can also look for other sources of wage theft that may have gone overlooked or otherwise ignored – further maximizing the compensation you are owed.
In addition, wage theft is rarely a localized incident – in a company, it is often systemic, impacting all other employees in that organization. An attorney can help gather the evidence necessary to potentially escalate your wage theft claim into a class-action suit – which can net you further compensation to hold the employer accountable.
Ultimately, a California wage theft lawyer has an extensive understanding of the laws and procedures necessary for a successful wage theft claim. Confiding in such a professional will significantly increase your chances of receiving the compensation to which you are entitled.
Contact Us Today
If you or a loved one is a victim of wage theft, please contact us immediately to see how we can help. Our wage theft lawyers in California dedicated to fighting for the rights and fair wages of those who have been wronged by negligent, selfish companies.
Schedule a free initial consultation today to discuss your case.